International cooperation was and remains one of the priorities of the development of Sumy branch of Kharkiv National University of Internal Affairs. It is an integral part of the university life and develops within the framework of the unified process of the integration of higher education of Ukraine into the world system of higher education.
The main areas of international cooperation of the Branch are:
• participation in programs of bilateral and multilateral interstate and inter-university exchange of higher education graduates, as well as pedagogical, scientific-pedagogical and scientific workers;
• conducting joint scientific research;
• organization of international conferences and other events;
• participation in international educational and scientific programs;
• promotion of academic mobility of scientific, scientific-pedagogical workers and students;
• other directions and forms.
An international scientific and practical conference is held on the basis of Sumy branch of KhNUIA every year, in which leading scientists, employees of judicial, law enforcement and law enforcement agencies from Ukraine, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Belarus, Norway, and the USA take part.
Scientific and pedagogical workers of the Sumy branch of the KhNUIA constantly work on improving their qualifications and pedagogical skills, high results are achieved through internships in higher educational institutions, governmental and non-governmental organizations of Ukraine and the world. The scientific and pedagogical staff of the Branch actively participates in training on the educational platform of the European Union Agency for the Training of Law Enforcement Officers LEEd CEPOL.
Sumy Branch cooperates with the Center for European Initiatives in Sumy. The result of this cooperation is the involvement of native speakers in the educational process. Thus, an optional English-language course on international law was organized for students of I - IV years, with the participation of Mariapaola Boselli, master of law. In addition, informalized methods of conducting classes in the form of panel discussions, colloquiums, "brainstorming" were used, with the involvement of representatives of the Center: Alec-Nash Thomas (Great Britain), Sebastian Wankiewicz (Poland).
At the current stage, the priority tasks of Sumy branch of KhNUIA in the field of international cooperation are:
1. expansion of institutional partnership relations and establishment of new sustainable contacts with foundations, representative offices of international organizations;
2. development and conclusion of agreements on cooperation with scientific institutions and higher educational institutions abroad;
3. participation in joint projects for obtaining grants, international technical and charitable assistance;
4. intensification of the participation of the scientific and pedagogical staff of the university in international programs and projects (conferences, exhibitions, schools, seminars, trainings, etc.);
5. creation of conditions for internship and advanced training of scientific and pedagogical staff in higher educational institutions abroad;
6. intensification of scientific and pedagogical workers' publications in international scientometric databases;
7. promotion of academic mobility of students.